Terms & Conditions
Please read through our Terms and Conditions and feel free to voice any issues that may arise. It is also important to let us know of any Terms and Conditions, or expectations, of your own that you would wish to be included before work begins.
Contracts, Quotations and Estimates.
- A ‘contract’ with ARBcreative is an agreement by the client to have work undertaken based on a written quotation headed ‘Quote/Estimate’ submitted directly to the client on an official ARBcreative letterhead and is a clear and straightforward undertaking between the two parties to form a contract.
- ARBcreative will provide clients with a written quotation/estimate, which will include sufficient detail for the completion of the works. If any clarification is required, please contact us so that we can provide it. Extra works can be provided subject to a written confirmation including cost.
- Once an estimate/quotation has been accepted (either verbally or in writing) then a contract has been entered into and these terms will come into effect. Quotes are valid for three months from the date on the quote/estimate (subject to material cost increase).
- Contract duration: An approximate duration time for work to be carried out can be found on our quotations. The contract duration is to be used as a guide only and will not affect the agreed contract price i.e. if a contract takes longer than expected no extra charges will be levied unless previously agreed and conversely, if good progress is made and a contract takes less time to complete than expected, the client should not expect to receive a discount.
Payments and deposits
- Should a Deposit be required ARBcreative will provide a payment plan to the client prior to commencement of works. This will usually include a 10% deposit, staged payments and an end payment upon completion of works. Deposits are non-refundable once work has commenced and this allows ARBcreative to agree a formal start date for works and pre purchase materials. Please note: In the very unlikely event that ARBcreative have to cancel your work, your deposit will be fully refunded.
- The client or ARBcreative may withdraw from the quotation offer prior to commencement of works without sanction or penalty. However, any deposit paid by the client will be used to pay for any materials ordered on the client’s behalf and any materials under these circumstances will be forwarded to the client unless suppliers can re stock them subject to any fees and delivery costs.
- Invoices will be sent out prior to the relevant payment date and each invoice will serve as a receipt for payment. Payments must be made within 7 days of dated invoice or work progress may be impeded or ceased (in the case of non-payment). Payments can be made by cash or bank transfer. All invoices include our bank details.
- In the event of unforeseen difficulties arising, or any other circumstantial changes, the quotation price or estimated cost may be revised to reflect the situation at hand before or after commencement of work.
- Discounts and retentions: Prices are based on the understanding that no retentions are held unless previously arranged and authorised. No Main Contractor or Sub Contractor discounts are given unless agreed and confirmed in writing.
- Payment in full is due upon completion of the contract and presentation of the associated invoice. Part payments, interim payments and deposits may be agreed prior to commencement of works or during the contract duration. Interim payments and final payment on completion of the contract is not reliant on the presentation of completion certificates with respect to ELECSA, GAS SAFE or Building Control Completion Certificates as they are subject to third party administration by the Local Authority etc.
Planning, Building and Working Arrangements
- It is the customer’s responsibility to arrange planning permission, building control and any utility changes. If planning permission is required for the work, ARBcreative may request to see proof that this has been agreed prior to beginning work. We can liaise with building control upon prior agreement with client.
- Working arrangements: All prices quoted are calculated on the basis of free access and unimpeded working during our normal working hours (8.30am – 5pm Monday – Friday), unless otherwise agreed.
- Both ARBcreative and client to agree practical arrangements on working methods that provide minimum disruption to the client and allow work to be carried out efficiently by the contractor. ARBcreative will not be held liable for any costs incurred as a result of delays due to any unforeseen circumstances.
- Free access is required for the delivery of building materials, plant, and machinery and skips etc. All used or removed materials on-site remain the property of the client. ARBcreative can provide an estimate for the cost of removal of waste if not already included in the quote/estimate
- All building and other materials provided by ARBcreative or their sub-contractors remain the property of ARBcreative until full and final payment is received via Bank Transfer or cash unless otherwise agreed in the quotation/estimate. After final payment the client takes ownership of the materials used to carry out the work only.
- ARBcreative may employ both direct and sub-contract labour work on site as required. Each individual contractor takes full responsibility for their own third party liability. ARBcreative will oversee all works to completion and takes full general and operational responsibility in the running of any contract agreed with the client.
Insurance and Guarantees
- Insurance – Public Liability and Employers’ Liability: ARBcreative has Public Liability Insurance and Employers’ Liability to the sum of £1,000,000. All usual general building practices are covered within our insurance policy.
- Guarantees: All customers will benefit from a full guarantee on our workmanship for a period of 12 months. Guarantees on materials run in accordance with manufacturer’s warranty periods where applicable. Our guarantee covers all new work and new materials used in construction or repairs, but does not guarantee the integrity of any existing structures, materials or decorations. In the event of a failure beyond the guarantee period we will be happy to investigate the cause and negotiate a solution to the problem without delay and carry out any agreed repairs as soon as possible. Charges may apply for remedial work carried out beyond guarantee dates or to items not covered by our guarantee. Please note: Decorations are signed off on completion and not covered by guarantee. Plastering work is covered by a 6 month guarantee. Please note we provide a 6 month guarantee for plastering work to allow for settling in time. We therefore strongly recommend delaying any decorating for this period.
- No responsibility is taken by ARBcreative for the presence of perished or rotten timber (or any other perished or rotten materials) in existing structures such as doors, windows and frames whether detected or undetected at the time of contract.
- If we have to remove existing radiators for any reason (e.g. plastering) we will not be held responsible for their effectiveness once they are replaced.
- ARBcreative will endeavour to protect existing surfaces with the use of dustsheets and loose plastic sheeting etc along with care in our working practice. However, responsibility for protection from damage of any existing surface or fabrics etc is the responsibility of the client. Arrangement can be made to put in place protection of existing surfaces, over and above our basic cover, at a negotiated additional cost. We strongly recommend the client moves any expensive or sentimental items before work commences. If we are required to move furniture to undertake our work we will not be held responsible for any breakages or stains that may occur. We advise the client to keep all valuables and expensive items safe and secure for the duration of the works.
- We will endeavour to employ a helpful attitude at all times and will always attempt to bring the building works to a satisfactory conclusion as soon as possible taking into account weather conditions, availability of specialist materials and unforeseen circumstances etc.
- ARBcreative take pictures of the progress of our projects. We reserve the right to use these pictures in our portfolio of work, on our website and on various social media websites for marketing and information purposes. Please let us know via email at the start of your work if you are not happy with this.
- PLEASE FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Arbcreative is the trading name of Andy Ross Bowering.